"What good can a video session do?" or "I have my doubts about a video session."
I would like to share a little bit about what a video session would be like:
1. Checking in and gathering information just as I would at the beginning of every session.
2. I will assess a few things such as movement, breathing, postural alignment, positioning, etc.
3. Based on info gathered from the observation and assessment, we will go through a process of reeducation of your systems to allow your body to heal. The primary systems we will be addressing and reeducating are:
-The Nervous System
-The Musculoskeletal System
-The Fascial System
-The Pressure Management System
4. I will guide you through movements and exercises to address your individual needs.
5. One of the keys to healing is to create an environment in which the system is optimized, even if the change is 5-10% we can move toward the path of healing. We are creatures of habit and we have behaviors and movement patterns that we have used as strategies to make it through our lives. Most of the time, we are not aware of the patterns that are driving our behavior or movements. This is where I come in: in the assessment process, I can see the pattern that might be driving the pain cycle or other issue. And I can share with you the tools that can help you break out of the cycle.
6. You will be given a home program to work on daily. We will follow up in a week and we will continue to build on the progress you made in that last week.
You don't have to wait out the pain or the Postpartum Recovery or the Pregnancy pain..... Let's do this!
"I had the pleasure of experiencing Susan’s work via one hour video session. I stayed in my own living space at my home, and I used a specific room set up for my own quiet hours. I spent time quieting my own mind to better receive her instructions. Susan is very in tune even by video. I appreciated her patience and kind suggestions, and she was very aware of my own state even though we were not in the same city! VERY cool. Susan’s work with her hands could be literally felt even though this was via live video.... and I know it was not just my imagination, for sure. She guided my awareness and focus to areas of my body that I had not been paying attention, and through her own finely attuned skills , she verbally assisted , giving gentle guidance and feedback, helping to ease those areas of needing attention. It TOTALLY WORKS.
Receiving that verbal guidance and feedback throughout this hour was AMAZING. Having had many injuries and surgeries, there have been dozens and dozens of people in the medical field and in several arms of body work that have had hands on me for various reasons. I have been able to sense the authenticity of each person. There have been only small few that have had clear intention, a purity of heart, AND a healthy amount of talent WITH mastery skills. Susan is one of those few rare people: she has great experience, generous skills and training, as well as a pure heart and mind that truly has the intention to help and heal. I found the experience to feel very uplifting and I felt very cared for..... which is essentially who Susan IS as an expert practitioner.
All in all, it was a very positive experience! I certainly felt better and better over the hour we worked, as well as better and better through the day. It was a wonderful “we” experience as a team, a positive home run!
I would definitely recommend it, especially right now, keeping us safe at home.:)
I look forward to my own further sessions with Susan as well." -SN